Friday, November 21, 2008

Annoyance: NBC Promo Guy

So I was watching the new and improved MustSeeTV lineup on NBC last night when I realized something - the guy introducing the upcoming shows was really pissing me off. It started before The Office when he declared the return of Toby and then questioned "Which one is that?"

First of all how is that funny in any way? There may be many minor characters on the show but since it is now in its fifth season I'm pretty sure we are on a first-name basis with them at this point. It is also insulting to the show's fanatic viewers who made it a hit through iTunes downloads and Hulu viewings. Every person I know is deeply familiar with Toby Flenderson and Michael Scott's irrational hatred of the poor, soft-spoken HR rep.

So after the (dare I say) lackluster Toby Returns episode I was psyched for 30Rock. But, yet again, my enjoyment was foiled by that damned promo guy! This time we see a scene from the upcoming episode of Kenneth street performing in his neighborhood. Sure I laughed but when I saw the scene again a mere 10 MINUTES LATER it was no longer amusing.

Finally what's with the text on the promos entering from all angles? It's like a 5th grader who just discovered the animation feature on PowerPoint...

No comments: