Friday, November 21, 2008

Obsession: Snoop D-O-Double-G

I've always loved Snoop from the time I first saw his cheekily illustrated Doggystyle album on my brother's nightstand. To this day I will never get sick of his melodic rapping on "Gin and Juice" and "Nuthin' But A G Thang." And how could I forget his short-lived variety show "Doggy Fizzle Televizzle" which cracked me up on a regular basis.

This week I discovered two new reasons to be obsessed with Snoop. The first is his appearance on Total Finale Live (yes I watched it [more than once]). His performance of "Drop It Like It's Hot" was to die for despite the fact that MTV bleeped out every other word (apparently you can't say "Crips" on TV). My favorite part of the show however was when Carson was wrapping up the broadcast and Snoop was straight chilling and smoking with Kid Rock. Awesome.

The second moment was his stint on The Martha Stewart Show this week. Martha proved she could hang with the gangstas when she presented that VMA with Busta Rhymes and I give her mad props for adopting a genuine rapport with the Doggmaster (she did complete a stint in prison after all). The two made mashed potatoes while Snoop educated Martha on "Snoopluistics" and told her that where he comes from a knife is referred to as a "shank." The best part was in a later segment Martha actually called her exacto knife a shank, much to the audience's delight. Check out my new favorite odd couple below.



No comments: